Introduction to BS 5839-1:2002+A2:2008 & Basic Fire Detection & Alarm System Design Awareness
To meet the requirements of current fire safety legislation, system designers, installation, commissioning and maintenance engineers need to be able to demonstrate their competence in the tasks they carry out.
- the structure of BS 5839-1:2002 + A2: 2008
- categories of fire detection & alarm systems
- system integrity and zone sizes
- cabling & fixing recommendations
- detector coverage
- positioning of manual call points
- recommendations for sounders
- calculation of standby battery capacity
- false alarm management
- system certification & documentation
On completion of this seminar delegates will:
- have a good understanding of the recommendations contained within BS 5839-1:2002 + A2: 2008.
- know the different fire system categories.
- be able to design a basic fire detection & alarm system.
- understand the importance of false alarm management.
Wednesday 21st November 2012.
Please contact Maxine Dent on 01628 637512 for details and cost information.